Who are you guys?
1987 volkswagen golf manuals
Volkswagen GTI, Golf, Jetta
1985, 1986, 1987, 1988,
1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
The Volkswagen GTI, Golf, Jetta Service Manual: 1985-1992 is a definitive reference source of technical automotive repair and maintenance information for Volkswagen GTI, Golf, Jetta models built on the A2 platform from 1985 through 1992.
Service to Volkswagen owners is of top priority to the Volkswagen organization and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services.
This manual has been prepared with the Volkswagen owner in mind. The aim throughout has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures, and accurate specifications.
- 1.6L Diesel (engine code: ME, MF, 1V)
- 1.8L Gasoline (engine code: GX, MZ, HT, RD, RV, PF, PL)
- 2.0L Gasoline (engine code: 9A)
Though the do-it-yourself Volkswagen owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of the same detailed maintenance and repair information available at an authorized Volkswagen dealer, the Volkswagen owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
This Volkswagen GTI, Golf, Jetta repair manual covers the model years 1985 through 1992, gasoline, diesel, Turbo diesel and ECO diesel models. It includes the Golf and Jetta GL, Golf GT, Jetta GLI and Carat, 16-valve models and Wolfsburg editions for the United States and Canada.
- Fundamental automotive concepts, including explanations of basic troubleshooting, safe and effective workshop practices, and tools.
- Complete tune-up specifications, plus troubleshooting and repair of the electronic ignition system and knock sensors.
- Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning, including Turbo diesel and ECO diesel.
- Troubleshooting and repair of CIS, CIS-E, Digifant I and Digifant II fuel injection systems and the CIS-E Motronic engine management system.
- Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including testing and replacing the oxygen sensor, and resetting the OXS warning light.
- Automatic and manual transmission maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, and manual transmission rebuilding.
- Full suspension and steering adjustment and repair, including power steering.
- Disc and drum brake reconditioning and repair, plus troubleshooting and repair of the Anti-lock braking system (ABS).
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sunroof.
- Complete electrical system troubleshooting and repair, including electrical current flow diagrams.
- Comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torque specifications.
For additional technical content for Volkswagen GTI, Golf, Jetta models from 1985 through 1992, visit our online technical library by clicking below.
Online Technical Library
Jetta, Golf, GTI 1985-1992, Corrado 1990-1995
Publishing note: Prior to August 2010, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-0342-1)